This position has responsibilities in the area of quality management.
As the Quality Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that our products meet the highest standards of quality and exceed customer expectations. Your expertise in quality management systems, attention to detail, and commitment to excellence will contribute to the continued success of our organization.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Management Systems:
- Maintain and improve an effective quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 standards.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Conduct regular internal audits to assess the effectiveness of the quality management system and identify areas for improvement.
- Lead external audits and maintain relationships with certification bodies.
- Quality Control:
- Establish and monitor quality control processes to ensure that products meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Develop and implement inspection procedures, including the use of Acceptable Quality Limit (AQL) sampling plans.
- Conduct regular inspections and tests to verify product conformance to specifications.
- Analyze quality data, identify trends, and implement corrective and preventive actions as necessary.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address quality issues and drive continuous improvement.
- Supplier Quality Management:
- Collaborate with the procurement team to evaluate and select suppliers based on their ability to meet quality requirements.
- Establish supplier quality agreements and monitor supplier performance through audits and ongoing assessments.
- Conduct supplier audits and lead efforts to resolve any non-conformances.
- Training and Development:
- Provide training on quality assurance principles, procedures, and requirements to employees at all levels.
- Foster a culture of quality awareness and continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Coach and mentor team members to enhance their understanding of quality standards and techniques.
Common Performance Standards:
All employees are expected to deal with co-workers, customers and vendors in a positive and respectful way and perform their duties in a safe and effective manner. Certain standards apply to all positions, with some additional standards tailored to departments or job groups. These standards are not repeated here, but may be found in other company publications, such as the Western Spring Employee Handbook, Western Spring Manufacturing Standard Work Instructions, and related documents.
Position will use a computer terminal with the Microsoft Office Suite, E2 Shoptech ERP software, SMI spring design software and other common windows-based software tools.
Work is performed in combination with an office environment with frequent exposure to the production environment.
- Strength and movement:
Work requires frequent computer use along with occasional movement of equipment and materials requiring exertion of up to 30 pounds force. There is frequent movement within the facility to communicate with staff.
- Sensory ability:
Vision must be sufficient to read precision measurement tools along with words, numbers and detailed diagrams on paper and/or computer screens.
Verbal and written communication occurs frequently with staff from other departments, vendors and customers. Communication skills should be at a professional level.
- Reading Ability:
The position requires the ability to read and comprehend text of advanced difficulty.
Writing skills are required at an advanced level consistent with technical communications. The ability to apply proper grammar and punctuation is a must.
- Verbal Skills:
Verbal communication needs to be at a professional level consistent with general business and quality related communications.
- Math Skills:
Math ability needs to be at a technical level consistent with applying advanced technical knowledge.
- Reasoning Ability:
Reasoning ability needs to be at a level consistent with solving difficult problems and to identify where facts may be insufficient or misleading, requiring extensive inquiry or research extending into all work areas. Solutions require integration of information and considerable independent judgment. Occasionally requires development of new designs or theories.
Employment Selection Criteria:
- Strong knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 standards and experience in implementing and maintaining quality management systems.
- Familiarity with Acceptable Quality Limit (AQL) sampling plans and statistical quality control methods.
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze data and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships.
- Certified Quality Manager (CQM) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) credentials are a plus.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry, specifically within the spring manufacturing sector, is highly desirable.
- At Western Spring Manufacturing, we value quality and take pride in delivering exceptional products to our customers. If you are a motivated and experienced Quality Manager who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we invite you to apply for this position. Join our team and contribute to our commitment to excellence in quality.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. Management retains the discretion to add duties or change the duties of this position at any time.