Western Spring Manufacturing
Total Quality Assurance in spring manufacturing
Quality is defined many ways by many different people. Therefore quality is in the perception of the customer, not only in the product but also the service. Western Spring is committed to quality through our Total Quality Assurance (TQA) program which begins in the office at Western Spring, where communication between our staff and the customer establish needs, requirements and expectations for the job at hand.
Each process that is carried out in the production of our products gets TQA checked and signed off by the operator. In the final process the shipping department double checks that parts conform to print or specifications and all shipping information, certifications, quantities are included before sealing the package with our Western W logo. Information is then turned over to accounts receivable to assure all customer information, costs, and quantities are exact. TQA aids in the overall organizational habits of our factory which leads to the overall safety and productivity of our workforce.
Western Spring Manufacturing is familiar with most quality systems today and what they entail. Special considerations for certain quality systems can be implemented case by case upon request.
- SPC- Statistical Process Control
- ISO- International Standards Organization
- ISO-9000, 13485, etc.
- SOP-Standard Operating Procedures
- FAI-First Article of Inspection
- DFARS- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement
- TQM-Total Quality Management
- Control Charts
- Six Sigma
- 5 S training- Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, Sustain
- PPAP Production Part Approval Process
- Continuous Improvement
- Receiving Inspection
- Process capabilities studies
- Outside process verification
- Root cause analysis
- Measuring equipment calibrations